KerAion® K8 with visible clamp fastening
The KerAion® facade panels are fixed on the substructure by means of the stainless steel clamps K8. The color of the clamp lips is matched to the panel design. To prevent clattering and constraining forces in the case of alternating wind loads, the facade panels are installed on the substructure in a nonrigid way by means of foamed pieces or alternatively with polyurethane.
- Facade panel KerAion® K8
- Twin-clamp K8, article 545
- Stainless steel blind rivet, article 675
- Vertical bearing profile (basic substructure)
- Wall bracket (basic substructure)
- A profile butt joint of the vertical bearing profiles behind a panel is not allowed! See standard technical detail drawings.
Mounting instructions for KerAion® K8 with visible clamp fastening
The mounting of the substructure must be carried out according to project-specific, static calculation. The general approval Z-10.3-776 of the construction supervisory authority serves as basis.
- The profiles have to be mounted perpendicularly and in a flush way.
- The length of the profiles must be divisible by the height of the panel format and should not exceed the height of a storey of the building (approx. 3 m).
- A profile butt joint of the vertical profiles behind a panel is not allowed.
- The stainless steel clamps K8 (Art. no. 545, 546, 547, 548, 549) must be fastened with stainless steel rivets (Art. no. 675).
- For the nonrigid installation of the panels, foamed pieces (Art. no. 347-01) or, alternatively, polyurethane have to be used.
* Alternatively, nonrigid installation is also possible with PUR or MS polymer bonding materials. Suitable products on request.
- Important: The use of silicone caoutchoucs must be absolutely avoided, because silicone fluids segregate and effect sticky surfaces on which dirt adheres.
- Therefore, only use the system components mentioned (foamed pieces, EDPM rubber profile, neoprene rubber washer) and pointing, bonding and sealing materials recommended by us. We will be pleased to inform you in detail. The usual final cleaning after completion of the construction works is still required.